In this article we will discuss various products related to fish care in aquariums.We will also discuss tank cycling,role of beneficial bacterias in fish tanks.This article will give you all the necessary information regarding your fish care.
In this blog post
- What is API fish care?
- What is the role of API aquarium salts?
- What is the role of Marine algaefix?
- What is the role of API Algaefix?
- What are the different types of algae scrapers?
- What are the different types of algae pads?
- What is the role of API Stress Coat?
- What is the role of API Melafix?
- What is the role of Marine melafix?
- API Freshwater master test kit
- API Safe and easy glass cleaner
- API Filtration 20 PPI
- API Bio-chem zorb
- Api nitra for filters
- How to treat bacterial infections?
- How many times and when should bacterias be added in the aquarium?
- What is aquarium or tank cycling and how to know if your tank is cycled or not?
- What needs to be done to add beneficial bacteria in the aquariums?
- How to keep your fish tank clean and crystal clear?
What is API fish care?
API fish care makes a variety of products specifically designed for aquarium fish care. You can choose the product that best suits your fish’s needs.
What is the role of API aquarium salts?
API aquarium salts are the natural anti-bacterial treatment to cure fish infections.It is made from the evaporation of sea salts.It is a must for home aquariums.
- Aquarium salts maintain aquarium fish in good health.
- Aquarium salts enhance the gill functions.This will help the fish to breathe properly in captivity.
- Provides fish with the necessary electrolytes to achieve maximum color and vitality.
- It is advised not to overdose your aquarium with API aquarium salts.
- API aquarium salts are not meant for saltwater aquariums
- Be careful when using aquarium salts with live plants,as some live plants may be sensitive to salt concentrations.
What is the role of marine algaefix?
- Control types of saltwater algae effectively such as green algae, red Slime, brown algae.
- It’s safe to use in live coral tanks, tanks with invertebrates along with aquarium fish.
- It doesn’t change water colors,avoids foam formations and is copper free.
What is the role of API algaefix ?
Excessive aquarium light, direct sunlight,lights turned on for too long and excessive nutrients in the aquarium water will accelerate algal growth or algal bloom in the aquarium.
This algaefix effectively controls a variety of algae (brown algae,green spot algae etc) in the aquarium, and when used as directed, it will not harm aquarium fish and aquarium plants.
- It should be used weekly to maintain the algal growth in aquariums.
- Not used for freshwater crustaceans like crabs,lobsters and shrimps.
- 1 ml should be added for 10 gallons of water and 2 ml for 20 gallons of water and so on.
- Siphons should be used to remove dead algae from the aquariums.
- It is safe for aquatic reptiles and amphibians too.
What are the different types of algae scrapers?
API Algae scraper for acrylic aquarium
Scrape or eliminate different types of algae from the acrylic aquarium walls effectively,efficiently,quickly and very easily.They have high durability and can be used frequently when needed.
API Algae scraper for glass aquarium
Scrape or eliminate different types of algae from the glass aquarium walls effectively,efficiently,quickly and very easily.They have high durability and can be used frequently when needed.
What are the different types of algae pads?
API Algae pad for acrylic aquariums
Algae pads are strong,durable pads which cleans and removes the different types of algae quickly,easily, effectively and efficiently from nooks and crannies of acrylic aquariums.
API Algae pad for glass aquariums
Algae pads are strong,durable pads which cleans and removes the different types of algae quickly,easily, effectively and efficiently from nooks and crannies of glass aquariums.
What is the role of API stress coat?
It’s a kind of water conditioner that removes chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals from tap water and makes it suitable for fish to survive in an aquarium environment.
- It has healing properties of aloe vera plant to remove stress,to heal broken tissues of your fish.
- It reduces the risk of various infectious diseases in fish.
- Maintain electrolyte balance in your fish.
- It takes almost 2 months to establish in a tank full of fish,for better results 50 % water should be changed every alternate day to keep the ammonia and other pollutants levels in check.
What is the role of API melafix?
Melafix is used to treat common bacterial infections in fish like tail rot,fin rot,cloudy eyes,fungus in the mouth and other wounds in their bodies.It also regrow those damaged and decaying fins and tissues.
What is the role of marine melafix?
- Treats variety of bacterial infections in marine fish and corals effectively.
- Containing tea tree extract which has the properties to calm your aquarium fish.
- Quickly repairs various fish diseases, from open wounds to popped eyes.
- Reverses coral degradation.
- Does not harm the biological filter in your aquarium
- It’s both marine safe and reef safe.
API Freshwater master test kit
This freshwater kit accurately measures pH levels, organic pollutants like ammonia,nitrite and nitrate in the aquarium water.This kit will test your aquarium water properly and will alarm the ammonia pollution in the tank.
API Safe and easy glass cleaner
- It comes in spray form for cleaning and wiping tank glass.
- It is considered safe for both aquarium fish and aquatic tank plants.
- It is used to clean both acrylic and glass aquariums effectively.
API Filtration 20 PPI
- They filter large waste particles from the aquarium
- Keep the aquarium water crystal clear with their thick foam pads
- The pads are kept in the bottom of the filtration unit.
- It should be cleaned every month and foam pads should be replaced every three months religiously
- Frequent filtration should be avoided at all costs.
API Bio-chem zorb
- It is made up of a mixture of resins and activated carbon.
- Eliminate tank contaminants such as color, odor, heavy metals and toxic gasses.
- The filtration media makes the tank water crystal clear.
- It also eliminates light blocking contamination to improve coral growth in salt water and for plants growth in freshwater aquariums.
Api nitra for filters
- It is used to clean filters
- It mainly removes organic pollutants like nitrite,ammonia and nitrate from the filters.
- It is used to remove toxins in freshwater aquariums.
- It doesn’t contain phosphate and can be reused.
How to treat bacterial infections?
Erythromycin powder and fish fin body care powder is used to treat bacterial infections in aquarium fish.
They can cure fin rot,tail rot,cloudy eyes,slimes in the body,mouth fungus,fin blood streaks and open sores on fish bodies.Mainly used to treat freshwater aquarium disease.
How many times and when should bacterias be added in the aquarium?
Bacterias should be added after adding new fish to your aquariums. Bacterias can also be added after you change tank water.
It actually depends on how many times you are changing water weekly or monthly.
If you are changing water once in 15 days then you are supposed to add bacterias twice a month.
Bacteria play a vital role in aquariums,they keep the tank clean by doing waste conversion and maintain nitrogen cycle in the aquarium.
What is aquarium or tank cycling and how to know if your tank is cycled or not?
Tank cycling is nothing but biological maturation of the tank.It is don’t to break down harmful organic pollutants like ammonia,nitrite and nitrates in the tank.
Fish can be added in a fully cycled tank in which the nitrogen cycle is complete.If you add fish in a tank with organic pollutants,your fish will die off soon.
To know your aquarium is completely cycled,you should use water testing kits and regularly test the aquarium water to know the levels of ammonia ,nitrite and nitrates in the new tanks.
If the levels of ammonia,nitrites is zero and there is little trace of nitrate then it indicates your tank is fully cycled and all set to introduce you to a new set of fish in the aquarium.
What needs to be done to add beneficial bacteria in the aquariums?
- The first and the most important thing to include beneficial bacteria in the aquarium is by increasing the water temperature.
- Oxygen levels should be increased in the aquariums.
- Light should be turned off in the aquarium.
- Make sure the filter is on and running.
- Filter media should be added to recruit the beneficial bacteria.
- It is important to not overcrowd the tank by adding too many fish.
- Always keep the water pH above 7
How to keep your fish tank clean and crystal clear?
- Regular tank maintenance is mandatory.
- Effective and efficient filtration systems are extremely important to keep the levels of tank pollutants like ammonia,nitrite,nitrate and phosphate in check.
- Remove algae from the tanks on a daily basis with the help of an algae scraper.
- Effective water treatment or calcifier is important.
- There are a variety of API care products present for your aquarium fish.
- API fish care products should be used as per the guidelines.
- Nitrogen cycling,tank cycling and beneficial bacteria are very important to maintain the health of your aquarium fish.
- Overslating should be avoided at any cost.
- It is very important to know how to maintain your aquarium.A fish cannot live in any conditions.
- They need the same water conditions and same requirements like their natural habitats.
- It would be good if you know how to do tank cycling and how to care for fish health.
- These products will help your fish to grow well in aquarium settings.
Frequently asked questions:
How do you use API aquarium salt to treat ICK infection?
The use of API aquarium salt to treat ICK disease is highly dependent on the severity of the disease.In 7-14 days,add one tablespoon of API aquarium salt for every two gallons of water to treat such infections.
What are the side effects of oversalting in aquariums?
There is not much information available on oversalting, but two things are possible, overactive slime coats and dehydration in severe cases.
What is tap water conditioner treatment?
It is done to remove chlorine,chloramines,and heavy metals from the tap water and the whole process is called dechlorination.It keeps your aquarium fish healthy and is safe to use too.