In this blog we will discuss multiple tanks for betta fish. We will discuss everything related to multiple tanks in this article.
In this blog
- What is a multiple betta fish tank?
- What are the types of multiple tanks for betta fish?
- What are the benefits of having multiple tanks for bettas?
- Are multiple tanks suitable for long finned hmpk male bettas?
- Are multiple tanks safe for betta fish?
- Do you need separate heaters & filters in multiple bettas tanks?
- How to set up your own multiple tank for bettas?
- Frequently asked questions
What is a multiple betta fish tank?
Betta is an incredibly territorial dominant fish. Male betta, in particular, is notorious for being aggressive against most other fish when placed in community tanks.It is never recommended to keep two male bettas together because they will quickly become aggressive and fight each other.
While male bettas are solitary and aggressive, they can often cohabit with a wide variety of fish and invertebrates if given enough space.
But it’s best to keep them separate from other fish.You can get multiple tanks to keep the bettas of your choice with other fish.
Betta is one of the most popular and beautiful pet fish in the world. The fine color of the betta and the long flowing fins are the product of thousands of years of breeding.
No one can have just one bettas in their aquarium and keeping them together is also risky.It’s better to house them in multiple tanks to watch their beautiful colors and behavior.
What are the types of multiple tanks for betta fish?
Aqueon betta falls multiple tank
- Waterfall provides a constant stream of filtered water.
- Three separate compartments can hold up to three bettas, small fish or crustaceans.
- Frosted panels prevent fish from seeing each other.
- The fill indicator window immediately shows the internal water level.
- Weight-0.25 Kilograms
Penn-plax triad aqua terrarium multiple tank
- It consists of three chambers that harmonize as one biological ecosystem, allowing for multiple freshwater species or betta fish to coexist independently and peacefully.
- The design replicates nature’s metabolic cycle.Plants absorb fish excrement as nutrients & in return purify water. This is beneficial for betta fish.
- Works well with all submersible plants.
- Color – Crystal clear glass
- Material- Glass
Baird betta multiple tank
- This multiple tank comes with a small filter that can purify the water.
- The drain holes at the bottom of the tank allow you to easily change water for betta fish.
- It is made up of an acrylic tank, partitions and three plants.
- The tank top cover has 6 white and blue LEDs that can be adjusted.
- Color -Purple
- Weight-0.2 Pounds
Rehomy betta bow multiple tank
- This acrylic aquarium is made of high quality clear acrylic material, which is non-toxic and durable.
- It has three compartments and 6 LED lights.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with three blue LEDs & three white LEDs that brightly illuminate the fish, switchable between blue and white light.
- The bottom of this tank is made of artificial green plants and has a drain hole for easy water change.
- Color -Green
Triple betta bow multiple tank
- A safe and convenient way to house up to three betta fish in one aquarium.
- This 0.7 gallon tank has two removable double-sided dividers with slits for uniform water flow.
- You can remove one or both dividers and freely choose the number of fish you want to keep
- Double-sided dividers are both opaque and transparent while keeping bettas securely separated.
- If you want your fish to not see each other, place both sides of each wall facing down.
- If you want to see bright displays and glare on your bettas, lift up and remove the colored side of each partition.
- Color – Blue
- Material- Plastic
- Shape- Bow front
Adjustable light isolation acrylic multiple betta tank
- It comes with three glowing, non-toxic faux grasses that absorb light during the day and glow at night when it’s dark.
- Filter bubble heads can generate air bubbles when connected to an air pump.
- The nozzle uses activated carbon and has a good filtration effect. Since there is a water change valve at the bottom, it does not affect the fish when changing water.
- The fish tank has two isolation boards, which are divided into three parts, which can be used for hatching of fry, isolation of sick fish and protection of juveniles.
- Color- Purple
- Material -Acrylic
What are the benefits of having multiple tanks for bettas?
- Multiple compartments can hold up to many bettas, small fish or crustaceans.
- Panels in multiple tanks prevent fish from seeing each other.
- Economic, as you don’t have to buy any aquarium accessories separately.
- Keeps bettas and other aquarium fish stress free.
- Comes with filters, fake plants and different combinations of LED lights.
- You can set gravels as per your choice.
- You can add fake or real plants as per your choice.
- You don’t have to buy a separate hospital tank, quarantine tank or treatment tank and breeding tanks for your fish.
- You don’t have to quarantine new fish separately.
- You can make your own multiple tanks too by watching DIY on youtube.
Are multiple tanks suitable for long finned hmpk male bettas?
If you are interested in keeping long-finned hmpk five male bettas then get a five chambered multiple tank for five male betta fish.
Each section is individually filtered by a sponge that is powered by air. This is great for bettas because it creates very little water current and makes it easy for the long-finned hmpk bettas to swim.
Are multiple tanks safe for betta fish?
It’s important to remember that bettas are fighting fish, and if they attack each other, they will probably kill each other, especially male betta fish. Nevertheless, the multiple-tank is safe and aesthetically pleasing.
Do you need separate heaters and filters in multiple bettas tanks?
Honestly, it all depends on the brand, some multiple tanks come with a single filter and heater pre-installed, and some don’t. If you’re setting up your own multiple tanks, then you can install them however you want.
If you have bettas or several different fish species housed in multiple tanks, check if they need a heater. This is because some fish do not need a heater in their tank.
Bettas need slow flow filters and some other fish may need fast flow in their tank. It depends entirely on the type of fish you decide to keep with the bettas in multiple tanks.
How to set up your own multiple tank for bettas?
- Get a partitioned glass tank(three chambered or five chambered, as per your choice)
- Clean it thoroughly with a brush.
- Add gravels of your choice (bettas don’t need gravels, but if you are interested in keeping other fish in next compartment, you can add gravels too)
- Before adding gravel, make sure you are rinsing it nicely to avoid any contamination.
- Add plants either fake or real plants (bettas prefer floating plants, as it gives a natural look)
- Heaters and thermometers are important in bettas tanks, so make sure you are installing that too without fail in the tank.
- Fill either bettas specific water or pre-conditioned water in bettas tank to maintain pristine water conditions.
- Add your bettas or other aquarium fish of your choice in other compartments and enjoy the view.
Multiple tanks can have two or more aggressive betta fish coexist together without fighting to the death.
There are also many different types of multiple tanks available in pet stores and online. Depending on your requirements, you can choose to place bettas and other fish in multiple tanks.
The multi-chamber in multiple tanks can accommodate up to many betta fish, small fish or crustaceans together.
Multiple tank panels prevent fish from seeing each other and keep betta fish and other fish stress-free.
Multiple tanks are economical because you don’t have to buy any aquarium accessories individually.
Multiple tanks are useful when you need to keep fish separate for safety, breeding, or other reasons. Create your own multiple betta tank to save money and customize how you divide your tank.
Frequently asked questions
Is it easy to manage multiple betta tanks?
Multiple tanks is a good option if you want to keep multiple bettas. They are easy to set up and maintain.
Can you set up your own multiple bettas tank?
Yes, you can set up your own multiple betta tank.
Are multiple betta tanks expensive?
Multiple tanks are economical because you don’t have to purchase tank accessories separately. But sometimes it also depends on the brand.
Can you add gravels of your choice in multiple bettas tanks?
Yes, you can add gravels of your choice in multiple bettas tanks.
Can you add plants of your choice in multiple bettas tanks?
Yes, you can add plants of your choice in multiple bettas tanks.