This blog post will enumerate dog foods for dogs that do not have teeth.
Dog Food for Dogs with No Teeth
Tooth loss in dogs can occur from age, dental disease, poor nutrition, or injury. Teeth are what make dogs scary, this is what they use to tear food apart. Feeding a toothless dog will make you remove the need for them to chew or to tear the food apart. This may be accomplished in a variety of different ways, and it is important that you choose what dog food you will need to feed your dog with.
According to Dog Lover’s Digest,the key to choosing dog food for dogs without teeth is to give them a soft, easy to munch meal that they would not have to struggle with. Although, you can feed any variety of kibble to your dog by softening it, these are the list of specific diet options that you can give to your toothless doggy:
- Pedigree — Chopped Ground Dinner Combo With Chicken, Beef & Liver Canned Dog Food
- Blue Buffalo — Blue Bits Savory Salmon Recipe Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
- Hill’s Science Diet — Adult 7+ Savory Stew with Beef & Vegetables Canned Dog Food
- Purina Beneful — Prepared Meals Chicken Stew with Rice, Carrots, Peas & Barley Wet Dog Food
- Primal — Lamb Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
Pedigree — Chopped Ground Dinner Combo With Chicken, Beef & Liver Canned Dog Food
This dog food is perfect because this is a soft meal that is chopped and does not include chunky pieces. This is easy to chew and includes digestible nutrients extracted from high-quality ingredients such as chicken, liver, and beef. It also has a very soft texture that is easy for your dog to chew. It is also prepared with highly nutritious ingredients so your dog gets all the essential protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals they need to maintain great health.
This makes diet absorption of essential nutrients easier and the perfect consistency gives you the surety that your precious pooch is getting the most out of every meal. The recipe of this dog food also contains optimal levels of minerals and oils to nourish the skin and shiny coat of your beloved hound.
Dog Lover’s Digest highly recommends this dog food!
Blue Buffalo — Blue Bits Savory Salmon Recipe Soft-Moist Training Dog Treats
This is a savory salmon recipe by Blue Buffalo and is a perfect treat for your toothless canine. Whether to treat your dog or to train it, each treat in this dog food is loaded with DHA and a variety of nutrients.
This has a soft consistency and is made from real chicken for protein and contains added minerals and vitamins. Essential fatty acids are also in the ingredients to keep your dog feeling great from inside and out. It has a very wholesome recipe and makes them an ideal pick for any dog. Although, its being a soft consistency is what makes it an excellent choice for dogs with problems chewing.
Hill’s Science Diet — Adult 7+ Savory Stew with Beef & Vegetables Canned Dog Food
This stew is made from beef and vegetables and is a soft meal that is great to serve to toothless pooches. It is a wet canned food by Hill’s Science Diet and is designed for older dogs and is therefore rich in essential nutrients to keep your older dog in great shape.
It also has a savory recipe and a very soft consistency so the old toothless dog you have can enjoy all the delicious flavors without even chewing. This is prepared using real meat, a variety of delicious vegetables, and brown rice. These ingredients are smothered in scrumptious gravy for your dog to eat it up.
This recipe is rich in a variety of high-quality ingredients, so it offers optimal health benefits and supports your dog’s ideal body weight. The food can be served on its own and can also be mixed with kibble to make the overall meal more delicious and nutritious. In case your dog likes his food a little more blended, you can further grind the recipe and make the gravy more delectable.
Purina Beneful — Prepared Meals Chicken Stew with Rice, Carrots, Peas & Barley Wet Dog Food
This dog treat can make you sure that your pooch has his tummy full even if he’s toothless by providing him a nutritious meal he can conveniently eat and digest. The prepared meal by Purina Beneful is full of wholesome goodness and a perfectly soft consistency that makes eating easier. The meaty flavors and richness of quality ingredients make it an ideal meal that guarantees complete and balanced nutrition for your furry buddy. The wet-food blend is prepared in a savory gravy that boosts the texture and taste of this meal.
The high-quality ingredients ensure a premium blend with no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors. This also guarantees balanced nutrition and great flavors that make it such a popular blend for dog parents. The soft consistency means you can confidently serve the delicious meal to your pooch. I am absolutely paw-sitive that your dog will love it!
Primal — Lamb Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
This raw freeze-dried dog food could be the ultimate solution to feeding your toothless buddy a wholesome and nutritious diet. The nuggets are packed with the best ingredients and offer a great balance of nutrients to fulfill their primal diet requirements through the preserved nugget recipe. So no more measuring, grinding, or chopping needed! You just have to add water to the nuggets and the meal is ready. And since you are in control of how much water needs to be added, you can adjust the perfect consistency that your toothless little one can gobble up without any struggle.
With optimum levels of amino acids, natural enzymes, essential fatty acids, and a healthy supply of vitamins and minerals, this grain-free and gluten-free recipe is a great diet option for your pooch. Suitable for all breeds, serve your toothless buddy a savory meal with just the perfect consistency and let them enjoy their meal to the fullest!
Other dog foods that made it to the top ten are:
- The Honest Kitchen — Whole Grain Turkey Recipe Dehydrated Dog Food
- Blue Buffalo — Homestyle Recipe Senior Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables Canned Dog Food
- Moist & Meaty — Burger with Cheddar Cheese Flavor Dry Dog Food
- Wellness CORE — Tender Bites Original Recipe Meal or Mixer Air Dried Grain-Free Dog Food
- Hill’s Prescription Diet — Metabolic + Mobility Weight & Joint Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
More about this can be read in this article by Dog Lover’s Digest.
This blog post enumerated dog foods for dogs that do not have teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Dog Food for Dogs with No Teeth
Can a dog eat with no teeth?
When it comes to mealtimes, a dog with no teeth can adapt and just needs help and patience from you. It may be that you need to mash up your dog’s food for them by adding warm water to it and using a fork to mash it. Another option is to switch from dry food to canned dog food.
What can I do if my dog doesn’t want to eat dog food?
- Give highly palatable and nutritious food.
- Make sure the food smells right.
- If you’re feeding your dog kibble, add some warm water, bone broth, or wet food.
- Offer home-cooked food.
- Cut down on treats and avoid feeding off the table.
- Praise the dog for eating the food.
Do dogs feel better after teeth removal?
Your pup may be acting a little groggy or restless. Usually, though, he’ll get back to acting normal — or better — the next day. Your dog will be on an anti-inflammatory for a few days. We may also add a pain relief medication.
- “10 Best Dog Foods For Dogs With No Teeth (or Few/Bad Teeth).” Dog Lover’s Digest, 27 Oct. 2020, www.dogloversdigest.com/dog-food/best-foods-for-dogs-with-no-teeth/.
- “Dog Teeth Extractions: Your Questions Answered!: Castle Rock, Colorado.” Cherished Companions Animal Clinic, 21 Jan. 2020, ccanimalclinic.com/dog-teeth-extractions/.
- “My Dog Won’t Eat: Common Causes and Best Solutions.” Petfeed – Pet Care Tips, How-to Guides, Funny Stories, Comics and Videos, 28 May 2020, petcube.com/blog/dog-not-eating/.
- Wag! “Can Dogs Live with No Teeth? – Wag!” WagWalking, Wag!, 5 May 2018, wagwalking.com/sense/can-dogs-live-with-no-teeth.